Friday 23 November 2012

My First Make Up Tutorial!

So I branched out furthur into the 'Beauty' side of my Youtube Channel and filmed my first tutorial type video. I was off on a night out and thought it would be fun to film what make up I was going to wear and I thought I would put up a blog post to go with it as this has been well and truly neglected! So here is a more in depth breakdown of the make up I did!
 
So I started off with my eyes as I was using Black Shadow and HATE drop out!
I started with the Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold.
 
This is a cream eyeshadow that I used as a base for the rest of my eyeshadows. I applied it with my fingers all over my lid.
I then moved on to the first shadow which came from the MUA Pro Brow Palette.
In this palette you get two brow colours (top row), a highlight colour (bottom left) and an eyebrow wax (bottom right) I used the highlight colour as an all over lid colour using the Dirty Works Eye Shadow Brush to create a natural lid colour.

I then used the lightest brow colour in my crease to create a sense of definition, again sticking with the natural look. I used the Boots Eyeshadow Brush for this.

I then used the matte black eye shadow in my Sleek 'Oh So Special' Palette to line my top lashes and to create a small cat eye using the angled end of the Dirty Works Smokey Eye Brush.

Next up I used my Natural Collection Black Eye Liner on my tight line to create a fuller and thick lash look.
I then left my eyes and moved on to my face. I used my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 100 Ivory. To apply, I used my Real Techniques Stippling Brush, applying a full coverage layer to ensure that the it would stay put all night!

I then began the battle with my eyebrows using my Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 001 Dark Brown. I used the attached brush to fix them into shape before filling them in with the pencil lightly. REMEMBER
Eyebrows are sisters, not twins!
I then moved back to my eyes for mascara! I used two different mascaras for this look. I used the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Look Mascara on my bottom lashes, ensuring a light brush to make sure they still look natural!
For my top lashes I used my Dirty Works Eyelash Curlers and then the Max Factor Eye Brightening Tonal Mascara in Black Sapphire (for blue eyes) This mascara gives a larger and fuller look as I have very straight and unresponsive lashes!
Next up I concealed my skin using my Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 10 Ivory. I used this under my eyes, around my nose, on my chin and forehead. I used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff that into my skin.

After concealing, I used my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent with my Dirty Works Powder Brush. I focused on my T-Zone and then pushed the access on to the rest of my skin.

I then used my new favourite product, the Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in Fair. Using the contour colour, I contoured my cheek bones, taking it up through my temple and down my jaw line. Buffing that into the skin with the Real Techniques Contour Brush. Using the same brush I took the blush colour onto the apples of cheeks, blending backwards and then using the highlight, i highlighted my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow and brow bone.

To finish off the look I wanted a bright lip colour to contrast well with the natural eye. I used the Topshop Lipstick in Brighton Rock, a neon pink all over the lip.
And that is the look finished!
I hope you enjoyed this!
Check out the video and my channel at
 
 
Thank you!
And until next time,
Ashleigh xxx
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment