Tuesday 4 September 2012

That time I went to Dubai...

In June 2012, I went to Dubai for my first solo holiday! Well, my Aunt and uncle live out there and after all the issues with my health, I asked them if they would mind me coming over to visit and luckily they said yes! I've only ever been on holiday with my parents, apart from a weekend away with Tim to Gloucester. 
So straight away, I booked my flights and was ready to go! Now Dubai is a good 7-8 hour flight and by myself, I was pretty nervous and actually cried whilst saying goodbye to my parents! (I watch far too much 'Nothing to Declare' and now have an unhealthy fear of airports)
I felt like a right lemon wandering round the airport by myself but I survived and got on the plane first!
The flight was good, empty which was lovely meaning I got to stretch out across 3 seats and the staff were so lovely! I highly recommend Royal Brunei!
When I arrived, the airport security automatically clocked onto this British girl travelling alone but they were super nice and couldn't do enough to help you! I got picked up from the airport and the heat was insane! Roll on 10 days of this!
So for the next 10 days I was treated like a queen and went shopping, had endless Starbucks, went swimming, tanning(haha) and saw the sights of Dubai such as the Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It was a truly unforgettable holiday and I never wanted it to end! I had drinks in the Dubai Hilton, Valet Parking, Thai food in the Sheraton and so much more! I even got my first Chanel bag!
The flight home was a nightmare as the plane was packed and I barely slept but Tim came and picked me up which was lovely and he let me sleep once we got home!
Here's some pictures!
























Currently Dog Sitting for my aunt with Tim,
until next time
Ashleigh
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photo's, your v.lucky to have an aunt and uncle out there :) and brave to travel alone, it's something i would love to do but i'm not a fan of flying lol.
    Looks like a great place, somewhere i would love to visit.
    Vanessa
    x
    http://nessi1988.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete